Saturday 18 April 2009

The Plan

So I have a story and have a fully developed railway in my head but that's nearly all! I have developed a track plan based on 2, 4ft x 2ft boards which will be in the loft one a town section at the terminus in Kirk Riber and another a scenic rural stretch with hidden sidings behind. It will also form a hidden loop to allow continuous running.
Layout work cannot start until bathrooms are refitted next month and then I can board out the rest of the loft.
In the meantime I am accumulating bits generally off ebay, and kit bashing a diesel loosely inspired by the Czech T47 using the ubiquitous Dapol railbus as the base. This is nearly finished and I will try & post pictures soon. The next project being the conversion of a fleet of Triang TT ore hoppers into bogie coal hoppers for the Merry go Round Train.
As for timescale there isn't one! It will happens when it happens so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment