Wednesday 13 May 2009

The Real Thing

Bit of a catch up here. The family spent the May day holiday on Dad's train weekend in Snowdonia. the primary reason being the gala on the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway where I used to volunteer over 30 years ago (I was only 16!!) I have to say the team have made a fantastic job of the place with the restorations and the museum building being superb and great value for money. The highlight being the visiting Baldwin and the launch of the fantastic Buffet Car. It was also great to meet a couple of people from all those years ago. I have attached a couple of pictures below:





I then had a mooch round the Porthmadog Model railway exhibition which provided more inspiration and the following day rode the Welsh Highland down to Beddgelert which is a truely spectacular extension

No comments:

Post a Comment